Whoops! It's fair to say that my goal of blogging once a week during the summer was a humungous FAIL.
I have to admit though, I don't feel that guilty... In fact... nope. No guilt at all. Because while I wasn't writing all the blogs - I was out on all kinds of adventures. This summer has been a busy one, and has seemed to pass me by so quickly - but what I love about writing this blog is that as I type, I'm remembering all of the great times, the weird situations, and the just plain unbelievable things that have happened in the last few weeks and months.
As summertime draws to a close, here's some of the things that, unlike my blog, did actually happen. :)
- I mowed our lawn this one time - generally speaking. A flymo can only do so much.
- I shot an engagement shoot in a lavender field!! John and Em kindly did me the honour of allowing me to photograph them in a field of pure awesome purple. There were bees everywhere and my legs got rashy. Great fun!
*One thing you should know about me is that, if there is ever an occasion to develop a rash... I'll be there.
- I went camping. Who knew that 18-30's campsites existed? I certainly had no idea - the photos looked so charming...
- I got into a festival for free! Festival No 6 - a festival set in the quaintest little port town in the grounds of a castle. Way too cool.
- I 'laid siege' at Ludlow Castle with two of the coolest Americans. I'm still not entirely sure whether the phrase 'laid siege' is even real or, in fact, whether it even relates to what we did in the castle but it sounds cool and historic.
- I finally joined the directory on Mr & Mrs Unique. Feeling pretty great about my little business right now.
- We had fish and chips & cider in my garden by the river. I drank squash...
- I GOT FEATURED IN VOGUE !!!! I'm sorry but in what WORLD does that happen!?
- MY BROTHER GOT FULL ON MARRIED (photos below)
I'd love to know what the highlight of your summer has been? Let me know in the comments box below. Someone tell me I'm not alone, for goodness sake.
For now, I'll leave you with some of my favourite shots from the wedding. Enjoy!